Special Session: “Metaheuristics applied to Bionformatics and Computational Biology”
CALL FOR PAPERS
As part of THE 5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON METAHEURISTICS AND NATURE INSPIRED COMPUTING (META’2014), WILL HELD IN MARRAKECH (MOROCCO). http://meta2014.sciencesconf.org/
October 27 – October 31, 2014
Abstract Submission Deadline: May 9, 2014
Submissions could be for full papers, short papers, poster papers, or posters
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Plenty of hard problems in a wide range of areas including engineering design, telecommunications, logistics, biology, etc., have been modeled and tackled successfully with optimization approaches. These approaches fall into two major categories: meta-heuristics (evolutionary algorithms, particle swarm, ant or bee colonies, simulated annealing, Tabu search, etc.) and exact methods (Branch-and-X, dynamic programming, etc.). Nowadays, Bioinformatics problems become increasingly large and complex, forcing the use of these techniques for their efficient and effective resolution.
The design and implementation of Metaheuristics to solve Bioinformatics and Computational Biology problems raises several issues related to the characteristics of these methods and those of the new hardware execution environments at the same time. This special session seeks to provide an opportunity for the researchers to present their original contributions on the application of Metaheuristic approaches to solve relevant problems within the field of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
The META’14 Conference topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following
The Conference will be an exchange space thanks to the sessions of the research works presentations and also will integrate tutorials and a vocational training of metaheuristics and nature inspired computing.
The scope of the META’2014 conference includes, but is not limited to:
- Local search, tabu search, simulated annealing, VNS, ILS, …
- Evolutionary algorithms, swarm optimization, scatter search, …
- Emergent nature inspired algorithms: quantum computing, artificial immune systems, bee colony, DNA computing, …
- Parallel metaheuristics
- Hybrid methods with metaheuristics, machine learning, game theory, mathematical programming, constraint programming, co-evolutionary, …
- Application to: logistics and transportation, telecommunications, scheduling, data mining, engineering design, bioinformatics, …
- Theory of metaheuristics, landscape analysis, convergence, problem difficulty, very large neighbourhoods, …
- Application to multi-objective optimization
- Application in dynamic optimization, problems with uncertainty,bi-level optimization, …
- Tuning of parameters (static, dynamic, adaptive, self-adaptive)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
Meta submissions are only 2 pages abstracts in ENGLISH
Only PDF is accepted
Please us the following format file to submit: Word or Latex
Submit your paper through the link http://meta2014.sciencesconf.org/user/submissions
Before submitting the abstract, please read these instructions carefully.
1. Registration of a new user
Please register on the link http://meta2014.sciencesconf.org/user/createaccount (you will receive an email to activate your account)
Once logged on your account, click on the link “My submissions” and then on the button “Submit an abstract”
2. You must include in the on-line submission form the following information:
Presenter author: first name, family name, organisation name, address and e-mail address.
Co-authors: please fill out the family names, surnames, organization name, city and country of the co-authors.
Abstract title: please fill
3. Choose a unique topic either the general META stream or a special session
2. Abstracts should have a maximum of 2 pages length
If there is any problem with the submission process, please contact the Conference webmaster:
Laetitia Jourdan firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Moreover, selected paper will be published in a Special issue in ISI International Journals (to be confirmed)
COR: Computers and Operations Research
ITOR: International Transactions in Operational Research
JMMA: Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Algorithms
IJAI: International Journal of Artificial Intelligence
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please feel free to contact the special special session organizers.
Dr. Jose M. Cecilia, Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia (UCAM), (Spain). Email: email@example.com
Dr. Horacio Pérez-Sánchez, Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia (UCAM), (Spain). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org