2016 International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (IWBBIO 2016), 20-22 April, 2016. Granada (SPAIN)
It is our great pleasure to announce the 4th International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (IWBBIO 2016), which will take place in Granada (Spain) in April, 2016. Details and instructions for the conference can be found at the conference web site (iwbbio.ugr.es). The conference will be devoted to current researches in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Bioengineering, and we are looking for papers falling into the following Special Session (SS6):
ADVANCES IN DRUG DISCOVERY
We welcome research papers, not submitted elsewhere for review, with a focus in topics of interest ranging from but not limited to:
* Target identification and validation.
* Computational Chemistry: Modelling biological processes through Quantum Chemistry and hybrid QM:MM approaches, Interpreting Ligand-Protein binding sites with novel non-covalent interactions analysis, Applying density functional theory (DFT) for predicting drug reactivity towards protein fragments and DNA, computing excited states to disclose the in vivo action of DNA/sensitizers and related molecules.
* Chemoinformatics: Methodological basis and applications to drug discovery of: QSAR, Docking, CoMFA-like methods, High-performance Computing (HPC), Cloud Computing, Biostatistics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Bio-inspired Algorithms like Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Genetic Algorithms, or Swarm Intelligence.
* Multidimensional QSAR. Applications and recent advances in QSAR concepts exploring higher dimensions related with their benefit in the drug-discovery process.
* Bioinformatics & Biosystems: Methodological basis and applications to drug design, target or biomarkers discovery of: Alignment tools, Pathway analysis, Complex Networks, Non-linear methods, Microarray analysis, Software and Web servers.
* High Throughput Screening (HTS) of drugs; Fragment Based Drug Discovery; Combinatorial chemistry and synthesis.
We encourage you to submit paper focused on interesting, relevant and original works that are related to this Special Session (SS6). We also admit the submission of short abstracts, which must be extended to full paper in case of being accepted.
These are some important dates for the submission:
• Submission of abstracts/papers by authors: December 10th, 2015.
• Notification of provisional acceptance: January 8th, 2016.
• Submission of final papers: January 20th, 2015.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under both ISBN and ISSN references. Contributions will be indexed in the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Thomson Reuters) and the DBLP database. Special issues: A list of papers with very high quality will be selected to be extended and submitted in different special issues. We have currently contacted these journals (tentative list):
◦ Biomedical Engineering Online (BMC).
◦ Genomics and Computational Biology.
◦ Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry.
◦ Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Biosciences.
ORGANIZERS AND CONTACT:
Horacio Perez-Sanchez, PhD.
Alfonso Pérez Garrido, PhD.
José Pedro Cerón-Carrasco, PhD.
Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia (UCAM) Murcia, Spain
◦ Email: hperez[at]ucam.edu
◦ Email: aperez[at]ucam.edu
◦ Email: jpceron[at]ucam.edu