Postdoc / Senior researcher / Engineer one year position on Interpretable Machine Learning on HPC architectures with OMICs datasets in personalised medicine within H2020 project “REVERT – taRgeted thErapy for adVanced colorEctal canceR paTients (Nº848098)”, https://www.revert-project.eu/
Position for the development and application of Interpretable Machine Learning techniques on HPC architectures with OMICS datasets in the context of personalised medicines.
- Being able to understand and explain the first paper from the Project and to work from there on: https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/22/9/4394
- Having read or understanding of the book “Interpretable Machine Learning”: https://christophm.github.io/interpretable-ml-book/
- Experience on: Linux, C/C++, Python, git, Agile methodologies, HPC, databases (SQL), Machine Learning (TensorFlow, scikit-learn), containers (docker, singularity), OMICS and clinical datasets
- CAE C1 English level written and spoken
- Demonstrated experience on writing detailed reports and scientific articles
Hosting research group: Structural Bioinformatics and High Performance Computing Research Group (BIO-HPC) from UCAM, Murcia, Spain: https://bio-hpc.eu
Duration: 12 months, potentially extendable
Potential starting date: 10th January 2022
Salary according to experience
BIO-HPC is a multidisciplinary research group with a relevant international projection. In the last 5 years it has published over 100 scientific papers, some of them on the first JCR decile, in areas of biology, chemistry, computer science, multidisciplinary sciences, etc, and has lead more than 20 research projects and contracts with companies. Thanks to the methods and tools developed, it has been possible to discover more than 25 bioactive compounds, some of them patented and licensed to companies.
In case of interest please contact me only via email (hperez at ucam dot edu) with a CV and motivation letter.