CALL FOR PAPERS
2015 International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering
15-17 April, 2015. Granada (SPAIN).
It is our great pleasure to announce the¬†2nd International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (IWBBIO¬†2015),¬†which will take place in Granada (Spain) in April, 2015. Details and instructions for the conference can be found at the conference web site (iwbbio.ugr.es). The conference will be devoted to current researches in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Bioengineering, and we are looking for papers falling into the following Special Session (SS11):
High Performance Computing in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry
The goal of this special session is to explore the use of emerging parallel computing architectures as well as High Performance Computing systems (Supercomputers, Clusters, Grids) for the simulation of relevant biological systems and for applications in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry. We welcome papers, not submitted elsewhere for review, with a focus in topics of interest ranging from but not limited to:
- Parallel stochastic simulation.
- Biological and Numerical parallel computing.
- Parallel and distributed architectures.
- Emerging processing architectures (e.g. GPUs, Intel Xeon Phi,
FPGAs, mixed CPU-GPU or CPU-FPGA, etc).
- Parallel Model checking techniques.
- Parallel algorithms for biological analysis.
- Cluster and Grid Deployment for system biology.
Biologically inspired algorithms.
- Application of HPC developments in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry.
We encourage you to submit paper focused on interesting, relevant and original works that are related to this Special Session (SS11). We also admit the submission of short abstracts, which must be extended to full paper in case of being accepted.
These are some important dates for the submission:
- Submission of abstracts/papers by authors: December 15th, 2014.
- Notification of provisional acceptance: January 8th, 2015.
- Submission of final papers:¬†January 14th, 2015.
- Paper publication:
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under both ISBN and ISSN references. Contributions will be indexed in the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Thomson Reuters) and the DBLP database.
A list of papers with very high quality will be selected to be extended and submitted in different special issues:
- Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling (BMC) (IF=1.46).
- Current Bioinformatics (IF=2.02).
For detailed information, please visit our website¬†http://iwbbio.ugr.es.¬†Thank you very much and best regards,